Tuesday, August 21, 2012

NC Sprint and NM Ultralong in Steinkjer

Last weekend a Sprint race in the Norwegian Cup and the Norwegian Champs in Ultralong was arranged in Steinkjer.

The Sprint was held in the city center, and I had a good run. My result was a 2nd place, 17 seconds behind Olav Lundanes. The race was also the final in the new Norwegian Cup in sprint orienteering, where I also finished 2nd, behind Olav. Results and GPS tracking

The Ultralong was held in a very nice terrain, with open and quite dry marches. The first 50 min of the race was the toughest, with a lot of climbing until we reached the highest peak on the map on the 7th control. I did mainly a good race, without any control mistakes. I lost some time on a few legs (most to the 17th control), when I was not running the optimal route, but was able to keep a stable speed the whole course, and was satisfied when I finished the 24 km long course after 2h 42 min. Olav won again with solid margin, and I finished in 5th position. Results and GPS tracking

Lundanes og Fasting med seier i Steinkjer, orientering.no
Godt debutår, men mer å hente, orientering.no
Lundanes med klart NM-gull på ultralang, orientering.no

Last week I was also selected in the Norwegian team to the Nordic Orienteering Tour that will be arranged with 5 races in Norway, Sweden and Finland the first week in September. NORT also count as the World Cup Final this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment