Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WOC Sprint

Map from WOC Sprint Qual Yesterday the Sprint in the World Orienteering Championship in France was arranged. My performance was far from as good as I had expected, and my result in the Final was only an 11th place.

In the Qualification in Aix-les-Bains in the morning I was not pushing maximum, and also lost some time on my route choice to the 8th and 11th control, but qualified easily for the Final after a 6th place in heat A. Results and splits

Map from WOC Sprint Final In the afternoons Final in Chambery I never got a good flow in my running. I took the wrong route choice and hesitated several places. To both the 1st, 5th, 12th, and 14th control I lost around 10 seconds, and my result was a 11th place, 1.06 behind Daniel Hubmann. Results, splits, GPS tracking and video from the whole race on SVT Play.

Last year I came on 4th place, only 3 seconds behind the winner. This year I felt better prepared, and thought I had a good chance for a medal. I was only 10 seconds from a top 6 position, and 36 seconds from a medal. But that does not help anything for my result, and I am at the moment really disappointed with not performing better in the most important race of the year.

Norsk nedtur i orienterings-VM, NRK (Only possible to watch in Norway.)
Kvaal Østerbø på etterskudd i VM-sprinten, Orientering.no
Liten feil i starten stoppet Egseth, Orientering.no
Norsk skuffelse på VM-sprinten, Aftenposten

No comments:

Post a Comment